Good friends who drop by bringing sweet treats are the best! Folks, Baker Terra is in the house! She brings us some sweet treats from her delish site The Café Terra Blog!
These are perfect to make for this “love month” ! So, please stay and enjoy Café Terra’s visit and her cherry-licious bars…
CHERRY CINNAMON BREAKFAST BARS by Cafe Terra
Thank you to sweet Betty Ann, I am so excited to be guest blogging on her lovely site:-) The food community is beyond wonderful, I have had so much fun meeting everyone. Betty Ann has a heart of gold, she is always so supportive and loving!
I decided to share a recipe from the vault of CafeTerraBlog. This recipe is fun, and well, healthy! With all the blogs out there sharing healthier recipes to make your New Year start off right I decided I would join in the fun with this healthy breakfast treat.
Growing up I loved cereal. Most of the cereal I loved was not really healthy….but the one that was my favorite was grape nuts! Did you like grape nuts? I loved letting them soak in milk, with some sugar….yeah my way of eating them as a kid may not have been very healthy….don’t judge me! Now I love them soaked in almond milk, wee bit of brown sugar, and loads of cinnamon, YUM!
For this recipe you can change up anything, and make it your own. I do recommend trying grape nuts though, if you have never had them. These bars are perfect for an on-the-go breakfast treat, or just in need of a hearty breakfast. They are really pretty fantastic complimented with delicious Black Cherry Chobani Greek Yogurt!
CHERRY CINNAMON BREAKFAST BAR
1/2 cup of dried cherries
1/4 cup of raisins (if you don’t like raisins, use 3/4 cup dried cherries)
3 cups of grape nuts
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/2 cup toasted coconut
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup applesauce
1. Set oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 x 13 pan with butter. Place coconut on baking sheet and toast. It will take about 10-15 minutes, stir around a few times during cooking process.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients – Dried cherries, raisins, grape nuts, wheat germ, ground flax seed, toasted coconut, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. In small sauce pot melt butter down, then add in brown sugar, honey, vanilla, salt, and applesauce, stir until completely mixed together.
4. Pour sauce over dry ingredients, and mix well. Place in pan, and press mixture down thoroughly.
5. Bake for about 20-25 minutes depending on oven. Let sit to cool for 2-3 hours, or until completely cooled.
“Thank you again Betty Ann for letting me guest blog on your site! I hope you are having a beautiful trip, and soaking up all the love from your family!
Sending you lots of love and many hugs!
Until next time, Come on in, Have a seat,
Thanks so much, Terra! I enjoyed your visit as my Guest Blogger today! And I’m so honored that you shared a fabulous recipe from your vault!
For those of you are meeting her here for the first time, let me tell you how special Terra is.
Terra B. is a Pastry Chef, Recipe Developer, Food Writer, Food Safety and Quality Assurance Specialist, Yoga enthusiast, Animal lover, Audio book addict all rolled into one.
If you haven’t yet, please go visit Terra’s terrific site the CAFÉ TERRA BLOG ….she has the most amazing recipes, stories and is such a warm, affectionate friend. She’ll meet you with a warm hug and say “Bonjour les gourmands!”